Sunday, September 16, 2007

One 'cross race down, lots more to go...




Under the cover of darkness, I left Carlisletown this morning and headed for Pittsburgh for a meeting on Monday and, even more important, a 'cross race today.



The race was the first in the "Month of Mud" 'cross and MTB racing series. I thought it would be good to get in a race before Charm City and I'm glad I did this one! The course, laid out by Iron Cross star Gerry Pflug, was a (very!) twisty turny tight dizzying up and down off camber affair with a few grassy power sections, 3 sets of barriers and one run-up. Good times were had by all!



The weather was perfect, the course was pretty dry and the racers were a fun mix of seasoned 'cross racers and MTB racers just trying to get through the race! The vibe was laid-back and grass-rooty, just like the good ol' days. I felt pretty good, the bike worked great, I managed to stay helmet-side up for the whole race, and had a blast...

I punished myself for 45 minutes and now I'm sprawled out in my hotel room feeling beat up but happy. It was good to see Gannar, Betsy, and 'cross promoter/racer Gary Dugo...



Charm City should be fun!



I wonder how the Pine Grove TT, Teaberry, and Yuasa went for the other Fish?



M.

No comments: