Sunday, December 23, 2007

This Fire


This fire was well earned. I was all prepared to have a great set-up for those brave souls who ventured out for the event.
  1. Tent- check
  2. Firewood- check
  3. axe- check
  4. matches- ummmmm......say what?
I fully realized the pains of my disassociation. No Matches! Well I couldn't NOT have a fire when everyone showed up. I started scrounging around the car for anything I could find to fuel this inferno. I searched in vain for a lighter that I was certain I had. I found a shotgun shell. I proceeded to disassemble the projectile into its seperate entities. Hull, shot, wad, loose powder, little cardboard disc, and ignition powder. I piled the powder into a meticulously formed mound of instant ignition. I positioned the cut-off hull over the mound and proceeded to emit a desperetly needed spark from the primer with a screwdriver and hammer. No such luck. Despite my hard work and many attempts, I failed at producing that necessary spark.
Back to the drawing board....... Jumper cables, yes of course! I have a spare battery in my trunk to feed my stereo system. At that point it was only a matter of trying. The jumpercables and battery alleviated me of my grief and need of fire.
Behold my miraculous mass of flaming stuff!

No comments: