Monday, February 25, 2008

Calling All Mountain Bikers

Hey, I remembered how to get into this. And, I figured out how to post a new entry. Amazing. Next, I'll want a bike with gears! On to the point of this . . . if you're reading this and plan to race your mountain bike this year, please email me with your intended race schedule. I'd like to try to figure out what YBR's mountain bikers are actually up to. Anyone focusing on MASS? The endurance side? What?

In the meantime, here's the highlights of the race schedule Donna and I put together:
4-20 Savage sprint adventure race
5-3&4 12 Hours of Lodi
5-17 Rocktober Challange 50-miler
5-31 Tour de Cure century ride
6-4 thru 15 Follow Jen Krebs around the southwest on Race Across the West
7-20 Curse of Dark Hollow 50-miler
8-16 Wild 100
9-12 thru 14 RCST Mtn Bike Bash
9-20 Cap City Challenge sprint adventure race
Iron Cross? dunno . . .
10-26 MTeC 12-hour adventure race

We're kicking around bringing back Touch the Monkey Shake n Bake TT once a month and also beginner/casual mountain bike rides once a month to help all our disparate interests get together. I'll see if I can kick out an email, too.

Be strong--spring is around the corner!

4 comments:

Zach said...

Yo,
You guys know I'll be at virtually everything as usual. Probobly a majority of the mass xc races, maybe 1 or 2 endurance races, and 12 hours of Lodi. I'm also kicking around the idea of a full east coast AMBC schedule as well, with trips to the NJ ambc, south carolina, Massanutten hoo-haa, and possibly a trip to wisconsin for the subaru cup. All of those are tentative. Greenbrier is a feature race for me, as well as the marysville weekend. I also race some other random events(road, etc.), so give me a call to carpool or just chill at the races. Don't be afraid to walk up and say hi.

Zach said...

Anybody want to join a MASS relay team? Anybody? Any ability, its a fun event. April 6th.

M. Vanderlasser said...

Z!, "Age = 26"?

Are you going to race for Slippery Rock next fall?

M.

brett said...

I'm waiting to make the call on the MASS relay until I see what's up with Spinal Tap...