Thursday, January 17, 2008

What happens when your first race is Michaux...


Great update from Danny Feng below...

(Danny did his first-ever bike race - the Ironmasters Classic - back in the day, on a bike (a GT Zaskar, I think?) that he borrowed, then bought from Cumberland County cycling legend John Bobb...

"
Last 2 months has been crazy racing wise for me, in December I did the Tour of Thailand, a UCI 2.2 race, the course was really tough, 3 days of 200+km stages in a role, I started well, but I stuck bad luck half way through stage 4 where I broke my chain on the climb, so I had to DNF, but I mange to get a few pictures on cyclingnews.com!

After the tour of Thailand, I went to Fukushima's train camp in Chiang Rai Thailand for a few days, doing 150KM training ride everyday, it was a lot of fun.

Last Sunday I just finished Tour of Malaysia, another UCI 2.2 race, it was the fastest stage race I have ever done, race averaged 42-44 kph every day, it was like motor pacing everyday! On 5th stage, bad luck strick again with a flat in the last 25km, peleton was chasing down a few break away guys, so the pace was over 50kph and I just could not get back to peleton and end up giving 8+ minutes in that day and drop down to 2nd last in ranking, but I was just happy I finished the race within GC and escaped at least 4 close crashes! http://www.cyclingnews.com/road.php?id=road/2008/jan08/jelajah08/default

Happy New Year!! Best wishes!!

Danny"

Go, Danny!

No comments: