Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Living Legend Retires


First it was MJ, then John Tomack, now Brett Favre has called it quits. I'm in a state of shock. I feel like someone just stole my teddy bear, I lost my best friend, found out there is no Santa Claus, discovered my spokes are NOT DOUBLE BUTTED!!!

Just as I know the sun will rise, titanium rides better than aluminum, and Fast Albert will run a ridgid fork at Michaux, I KNOW Brett Favre will line up under center in a Packers uniform. Now this constant is no more, this immovable force has been displaced, this legend has ridden off into the sunset. And so I shed a tear, I pour my forty in the street, and I have one less hero to cheer for on Sunday. Here's to heros, here's to good guys who come out on top, and here's to Bret Favre. I'll miss you number four...

2 comments:

brett said...

With a name like "Brett", he's gotta be good.

M. Vanderlasser said...

Here's some great news to counter that bad news:

Sidney Crosby is back from his injury!

(Do you think that Favre will stay retired? Do you think he'll be in any more movies? He was great in "There's Something About Mary")

M.