Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Go, Michelle!

The YBR road team turned out in full force on Saturday! Michelle and I did the women's race and met up with Ray for some strategizing and a pep talk. The whole rest of the women's road team came out to cheer: Sharon (who is recovering from a knee injury); Toni Flora (our newest teammate who is just beginning her training); and Chris (who is just returning to training after her stint as RAAM race support for Team Endeavor). I got off the front for the first lap but baled out half-way through when I started to feel my brain baking, although I'm pretty sure my performance was due more to my "robust" physique than the heat! Michelle, however, did a great job! She has really been working on her hills and it showed. She took 2nd in the field sprint and 5th overall. Everybody greeted her at the finish line with cheers and high-fives. Yeah, Michelle!

Sunday's team ride was great also. Everybody met up at 8 at Rossmoyne (in their YBR jerseys no less) and we worked on cornering and got everyone used to riding together. We also got to see Chris's shiny new Orbea (and new shoes to match)--pink, pink, pink!

We're meeting up again this Sunday at 8 AM at Fort Hunter (on Front St in HBG). We'll be riding out toward Ft Indiantown Gap & working on pace lining this Sunday. Come on out & join us! (Please wear your YBR jersey!)

L.N.

No comments: