Monday, August 20, 2007

Rick Goes Racin'

"My day started with a early morning call. Ate some Breakfast and then was on the road. I decided to leave Carlisle as soon as I had some daylight. I rode my bike out to Pinchot Park to start the race. Something around 30miles. Nice steady effort. Got to the race around 8am signed up. Setup transition and was ready to race.
It was a 3loop swim which worked to my advantage. First loop I was 4th out of the water then in the short distance of running I Jumped to 2nd. Held that till the finish of the swim. Got out on the bike and Caught the lead guy at the top of the park exit. (No Flats this time.) From this point on I had a steady first loop bike. Didn't feel great but felt steady. Second loop I laid the hammer down seeing some one was on my six. Once I started hammering that was it.
Came into transition and held 1st overall throughout the run. To win in a time of 1hr14mins.
After awards and a lite massage from Mike Walters . I was on the road again to ride another 40miles till I got home in Carlisle. Then I got a good 6mile run after ride. All to complete my big Race/Training day for the Hawaii Ironman.
Rick F."

No comments: