Sunday, August 5, 2007

Welcome to the Cross Crusade!

Here it is everybody, my ambitions in black and white for all to see. No excuses this fall. After a 2 week hiatus, I'm back in the hunt. Time to stop walking around the subject, I'm making a run for worlds. Yes, WORLDS. I'm going to be chasing a spot on the junior national team to go to Italy in January for the 2008 cyclocross world championships. In doing so I will be doing the full US Gran Prix of Cyclocross Schedule and Nationals. That means races in NJ, Kentucky, Oregon, and Kansas. I'm taking no chances this year, full concentration. This is my best chance to go to worlds, so I can't afford to mess it up.
Years ago I started this addiction called cyclocross. I fell hard into the abiss of mud, rain, run-ups, and barriers. It was 4 years ago at the ed sanders cyclocross race. Marc Van Der Lasser explained to me how amazing this sport was and that I should try it. I did. It was the Muddy year at Lilypons. Hit up the junior race and got second. Loved it. I submerged myself in a full season(very unfull by my current standards) of 10-12 cross races. I was hooked. I came back the next year to take the Mabra series in the junior category. At the end of the season I met the FORT-GPOA team director.

I started the 06 season with the FORT Factory Team, learning from some of the best in the Mid-atlantic(and nation for that matter). Gained alot of valuable experience racing the elite junior 17-18 fields(third fastest category in any national event).


So this year I', ready to go for it. Anybody who would like to do any cross specific training, let me know. I'll share the any wealth of knowledge I have and we can make some discoveries on our own. Cross workouts, exploratoriums, and runs. Leave me a message or call and we can get together and train, one and all. Join me on my road to Treviso.
Zach Adams
448-3228


1 comment:

M. Vanderlasser said...

Awesome post, Z! It'll be very cool watching you race this season...

M.